Wednesday 21 September 2011

Focus Group- 21st September

During today's lesson we pitched our idea's for our music videos. It really helped me to hear some feedback from the class and has made me more aware of what I need to focus on in order to achieve a successful R'n'B genre music video. 


  • Firstly, The singer of my track is a black female artist. A concern was raised that my music video would not look realistic enough without featuring a Black female. This worried me at first, and I started to wonder whether I would be able to use the track at all. However, I have come to the conclusion that as long as I understand and present the correct technical elements of a R'n'B style music video, then this should not be a problem.
  • From this discussion I have also decided to use no more than three locations for my music video: I will predominately film in a studio (the Photography studio in my school) This will uphold the R'n'B genre technical elements.
  • A suggestion was made to include different shots with various different outfits, as I am not going to be using many different locations, this could make the video more interesting!

This 'focus group' meeting has made me feel a lot more confident about my music video, I now just need to get creative!!

No comments:

Post a Comment